Skip to main content

Moving on from Maintenance

For the last three months, I like to say that I have mastered the game of maintenance.  I eat about 70% clean and then enjoy whatever I want the rest of the time.  Sometimes I am intentional about portions and sometimes I am not.  I eat clean and according to "fix" portions until dinner and then I enjoy whatever we are having.  We eat dinner with friends most evenings, so I am not always in control of what we eat.  That has to change!!

I still have a competition on my list for 2015 and I know that I need months to prepare for it.  I am realistic about the work that I have to do to make this goal a reality this year.  I still intend to do all my prep at my house continuing with Beachbody programs.  I have no doubt in the quality of the programs, but my nutrition has to be on point to get maximum results. 

I am sure that the "plan" will be tweaked as my body begins to change and react to certain foods. I will begin with the 3 Day Refresh cleanse to detox from the junk that I have been eating lately.  After that is complete, I am going to follow the competition track on the 21-Day Fix extreme.  I will continue to drink shakeology in order for my body to get all the nutrients it needs on a daily basis. For my workout routine, Max:30 will be my fasted cardio and then I will follow up with the 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts. This will still only be 1 hour of working out each day. 

So here it is, committing to getting serious and moving on from my maintenance stage!! It's scary and it's going to be hard but I'm ready for the challenge!!

I'll be sharing every step of the way with y'all and I'm excited to share this journey. I don't have a goal weight or size but more like a goal look to make sure I can step on a stage by the end if the year (yikes!!).  Progress pictures will be my main tool in determining when I'll compete. 

Sometimes it's just time to buckle down and put in the work for your next goal!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 3rd Blog-aversary!!

It's been three (3) years to the day since I began blogging.  I've taken a LONG break lately as I have had many transitions in my life.  But in the past few weeks, I've been considering sharing more about the next stage of this journey called life with you all. In three short years, I have gone from motivating others to experiencing weight gain and depression.  Being delivered from said depression and fighting to lose the weight.  I'd say sometimes in life, motivation shows up in the difficult times and then sometimes it's no where to be found-- a bit of a roller coaster really. And about a year ago, I was tired.  Tired of not getting enough sleep, tired of the structure and I needed a break.  This break cost me about 20 lbs and goodness has it been tough to get my mind right again.  But I'm experiencing life!!  Enjoying the moment!  And making memories with my family and friends that have been so good for my soul. And in this season, ...

The Summit...Would You Start Over?

So as most of you know, I went to Nashville last month for Beachbody's national convention called Summit.  It is the most amazing event where people who's purpose is to help others get together, share wonderful ideas/trainings and completely refill your cup before you go back home. This year one of the speakers was talking about completing a workout program in it's entirety when we returned home.  And they were telling us not to start over if we hit some bumps in the road.  Now, I for one, am a habitual "starter over" so I probably turned a little red (those who know me know how a can get flushed in a split second).  In a room of about 14k people, I was feeling like they were talking right to me. But then the best example was given...when you begin a hike/climb up a mountain, if you didn't like how fast you went or your progress in the first few hours, would you start over??? Um...NO way!!  That seems like a no-brainer.  There's no way that you would ...

Refresh Complete!

Exactly one year ago, I decided to do a three day cleanse that Beachbody had just launched.  It was a key tool in breaking my addiction to diet soda and I lost some weight too, which was awesome.  As I've shared lately, in the past four months, I gained ten pounds after maintaining a comfortable weight (the enjoy whatever/whenever lifestyle) for over a year.  This has been a tough thing to wrap my mind around.  How did I go from balanced to imbalanced without even noticing until the weight was there?  Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation? So after failing to tighten the reigns on my own, I decided if the Refresh could break an establish soda addiction, then it could help me again.  And luckily, I found a local coach that had one on hand, so I didn't have time to back out of it :) Last time, I completed two days at work and one day at home; this time one day at work and two days at home which was a little more difficult since the boys love ...