Skip to main content

The Summit...Would You Start Over?

So as most of you know, I went to Nashville last month for Beachbody's national convention called Summit.  It is the most amazing event where people who's purpose is to help others get together, share wonderful ideas/trainings and completely refill your cup before you go back home.

This year one of the speakers was talking about completing a workout program in it's entirety when we returned home.  And they were telling us not to start over if we hit some bumps in the road.  Now, I for one, am a habitual "starter over" so I probably turned a little red (those who know me know how a can get flushed in a split second).  In a room of about 14k people, I was feeling like they were talking right to me.

But then the best example was given...when you begin a hike/climb up a mountain, if you didn't like how fast you went or your progress in the first few hours, would you start over???
Um...NO way!!  That seems like a no-brainer.  There's no way that you would go back down the mountain and start over.

What you would do is re-commit to the mission of what you're doing and your goals of getting to the top.  Rest, regroup and then get going again.  I kept thinking, "why have I not heard this before?"
It made total sense to me and from that point forward, I decided I wouldn't re-start a program after a couple of weeks (like I have been doing time and time again this past year).  I would continue to climb and fight for my goals.

So I encourage you to do the same.  Keep climbing, keep fighting because your goals are worth the effort.  Even if you must rest, regroup and start from where you left off, but don't stop to only begin the climb again.
Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the views along the way...enjoy the journey because before you know it, you'll the at the top achieving your goal and ready to set new ones.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 3rd Blog-aversary!!

It's been three (3) years to the day since I began blogging.  I've taken a LONG break lately as I have had many transitions in my life.  But in the past few weeks, I've been considering sharing more about the next stage of this journey called life with you all. In three short years, I have gone from motivating others to experiencing weight gain and depression.  Being delivered from said depression and fighting to lose the weight.  I'd say sometimes in life, motivation shows up in the difficult times and then sometimes it's no where to be found-- a bit of a roller coaster really. And about a year ago, I was tired.  Tired of not getting enough sleep, tired of the structure and I needed a break.  This break cost me about 20 lbs and goodness has it been tough to get my mind right again.  But I'm experiencing life!!  Enjoying the moment!  And making memories with my family and friends that have been so good for my soul. And in this season, ...

Refresh Complete!

Exactly one year ago, I decided to do a three day cleanse that Beachbody had just launched.  It was a key tool in breaking my addiction to diet soda and I lost some weight too, which was awesome.  As I've shared lately, in the past four months, I gained ten pounds after maintaining a comfortable weight (the enjoy whatever/whenever lifestyle) for over a year.  This has been a tough thing to wrap my mind around.  How did I go from balanced to imbalanced without even noticing until the weight was there?  Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation? So after failing to tighten the reigns on my own, I decided if the Refresh could break an establish soda addiction, then it could help me again.  And luckily, I found a local coach that had one on hand, so I didn't have time to back out of it :) Last time, I completed two days at work and one day at home; this time one day at work and two days at home which was a little more difficult since the boys love ...