Skip to main content

There She Goes With The WaterWorks...


Yesterday was just like any other day.  I chose to sleep in on my day off (the boys made it to 7:30 which meant an extra 2 1/2 hours!!! Thank you Lord!!) and do my workout during nap time.  My oldest is extremely difficult to get to sleep (and I'm not ready to let go of naps) so it took about an hour to get them both to sleep.

I immediately changed into my workout clothes and set up the laptop.  I absolutely loved MAX SWEAT.  Shaun T said it would be difficult and it lived up to that.  The first three sections were hard but I could do each move and was able to push myself.  Then we got to the fourth and ya'll! I couldn't even do the modifier for one move.  That's never happen but the coordination it took was not happening! The last part was awesome and I felt strong.  Then we got to the cool down...

This is where it all hit me like a ton of bricks.  Shaun T said, "right about now you may feel like you just shot yourself (yep), no you feel like you just conquered that workout." And the water works turned on.  All the emotions of where I was just one year ago rushed in like a river.

Today, I can do a full push-up that I couldn't do last year.
Today, I am carrying around 26 pounds less than I was last year.
Today, I am running a challenge group that I was a challenger in last year.
Today, I am able to push myself and feel accomplishment like no other area of my life.
Today, I am able to pay it forward and help other people change their lives.
Today, I am stronger, faster, and smarter with my health and fitness.

A year ago I began my journey (after baby #2) with T25 and could only do what Tanya (the modifier) was doing.  I didn't even attempt what Shaun T was doing in the beginning; and now, I am jumping like a monkey getting my sweat on!  It feels awesome!!
These 30 minutes a day that I set aside are the time where, no matter what my day has looked like, I can succeed.

You too have this opportunity!!  You can make that choice.  I posted in our challenge group yesterday that it all starts with a choice!!  I used my Christmas money last year to buy a challenge pack and had absolutely NO IDEA what doors it would open.  But because I did, I have new goals and dreams that I never had imagine could really happen until now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 3rd Blog-aversary!!

It's been three (3) years to the day since I began blogging.  I've taken a LONG break lately as I have had many transitions in my life.  But in the past few weeks, I've been considering sharing more about the next stage of this journey called life with you all. In three short years, I have gone from motivating others to experiencing weight gain and depression.  Being delivered from said depression and fighting to lose the weight.  I'd say sometimes in life, motivation shows up in the difficult times and then sometimes it's no where to be found-- a bit of a roller coaster really. And about a year ago, I was tired.  Tired of not getting enough sleep, tired of the structure and I needed a break.  This break cost me about 20 lbs and goodness has it been tough to get my mind right again.  But I'm experiencing life!!  Enjoying the moment!  And making memories with my family and friends that have been so good for my soul. And in this season, ...

The Summit...Would You Start Over?

So as most of you know, I went to Nashville last month for Beachbody's national convention called Summit.  It is the most amazing event where people who's purpose is to help others get together, share wonderful ideas/trainings and completely refill your cup before you go back home. This year one of the speakers was talking about completing a workout program in it's entirety when we returned home.  And they were telling us not to start over if we hit some bumps in the road.  Now, I for one, am a habitual "starter over" so I probably turned a little red (those who know me know how a can get flushed in a split second).  In a room of about 14k people, I was feeling like they were talking right to me. But then the best example was given...when you begin a hike/climb up a mountain, if you didn't like how fast you went or your progress in the first few hours, would you start over??? Um...NO way!!  That seems like a no-brainer.  There's no way that you would ...

Refresh Complete!

Exactly one year ago, I decided to do a three day cleanse that Beachbody had just launched.  It was a key tool in breaking my addiction to diet soda and I lost some weight too, which was awesome.  As I've shared lately, in the past four months, I gained ten pounds after maintaining a comfortable weight (the enjoy whatever/whenever lifestyle) for over a year.  This has been a tough thing to wrap my mind around.  How did I go from balanced to imbalanced without even noticing until the weight was there?  Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation? So after failing to tighten the reigns on my own, I decided if the Refresh could break an establish soda addiction, then it could help me again.  And luckily, I found a local coach that had one on hand, so I didn't have time to back out of it :) Last time, I completed two days at work and one day at home; this time one day at work and two days at home which was a little more difficult since the boys love ...